Roberto Girau is Assistant Professor at University of Cagliari since 2017. He received the M.S. degree in Telecommunication Engineering and his Ph.D. degree in electronic engineering and computer science from the University of Cagliari, Italy in 2012 and in 2017, respectively.
Since graduation, he has been working as researcher at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the University of Cagliari, developing an experimental platform for the social Internet of Things. He is head of the development team of Lysis platform, a solution for IoT distributed applications over socially connected objects.
His main research areas of interest are IoT with particular emphasis on its integration with social networks, software engineering, smart cities and cloud computing.
For my list of publications, please visit my Google scholar profile.
Research Grants and Contracts
- Research Grant on “Study and development of an an experimental platform for the social Internet of Things.”, 2012
- Contract with University of Cagliari about “Definition of the use-case for the evaluation of the efficacy of the SIoT middleware”, 2013
- Contract with University of Cagliari about “Social Mobility – Application of the Social Internet of Things to ITS systems”, 2015
His main research areas of interest:
- Social Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- IoT platform design and development
- Smart Cities