Mauro Fadda is an Assistant Professor in Electronic and Information Engineering at the University of Cagliari/Italy. He received the M.Sc. degree in Telecommunication Engineering in 2006 from the University of Bologna/Italy and his Ph.D. from the University of Cagliari/Italy in 2013. In 2007 he spent one year as a researcher at the I.E.I.I.T. / C.N.R. (National Research Center) in Bologna developing UMTS mobile-network simulation software. In 2008/2009 he was a researcher at the Sardegna Ricerche (Research Center of Sardinia) in Pula/Italy implementing different web communication applications. In 2010 he received a two years “Young Researchers Grant” funded by Sardinia Region studing on wireless sensor networks and cognitive technologies. In 2014/2015 he worked on “Opportunistic Vehicle to Grid Communications in the UHF Band” for the research unit of the Italian University Consortium for Telecommunications (CNIT) at the University of Cagliari. Currently, he is working on a project titled “Cognitive Smart TV: a joint Social Internet of Things and Cognitive Radio approach for future broadcasting services”.
For my list of publications, please visit my Google Scholar Profile
Research Grants and Contracts
- In 2007 he received a research grant by the C.N.R. (National Research Center) to develop a mobile-network simulation software
- In 2008 he joined the “Sardegna Ricerche” Research Center of Sardinia in Pula, Italy, implementing several web communication applications
- In 2010 he received the “Young Researchers Grant” funded by Sardinia Region, FSE 2007-2013, L.R.7/2007 “Promotion of Scientific Research and Innovation in Sardinia” working on a two years project titled “New Algorithms for Management of Wireless Sensor Networks”
- Doctor Europeaus certification – 2013
- Visiting PhD student at UPV / EHU University in Bilbao, Spain 08/2012-12/2012
- In 2014 / 2015 he worked on a research project titled “Opportunistic Vehicle to Grid Communications in the UHF Band” developed at the Italian University Consortium for Telecommunications (CNIT) lab of Cagliari, thanks to a Research Grant funded by Sardinia Region, P.O.R. SARDEGNA F.S.E. 2007-2013 “Obiettivo competitività regionale e occupazione, Asse IV Capitale umano, Linee Attività 1.1.1. e 1.3.1”
- Currently, he is working on a researchers project titled “Cognitive Smart TV: a joint Social Internet of Things and Cognitive Radio approach for future broadcasting services” thanks to a Research Grant funded by the University of Cagliari
Mr. Fadda has as main research topics of interest telecommunications, multimedia and wireless sensor networks.
Please follow and like us: