Maurizio Murroni is Associate Professor of Communication at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DIEE) of the University of Cagliari. He graduated (M.Sc.) with honors (Summa cum Laude) in Electronic Engineering in 1998 at the University of Cagliari. In 2001 he received his Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering and Computers, from the University of Cagliari. Since the 1998, he contributes to the research and teaching activities of the Multimedia Communication Laboratory (MCLab) at DIEE. He was graduate visiting scholar at CVSSP Group, School of Electronic Engineering, Information Technology and Mathematics, University of Surrey, Guildford, U.K. in 1998 and a visiting Ph.D. scholar at the Image Processing Group, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY, USA, in 2000. In 2006 he was visiting lecturer at the Dept. of Electronics and Computers at the Transilvania University of Brasov in Romania and in 2011 visiting professor at the Dept. Electronics and Telecommunications, Bilbao Faculty of Engineering, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) in Spain. Since October 2010 he is coordinator of the research unit of the Italian University Consortium for Telecommunications (CNIT) at the University of Cagliari. Dr. Murroni is author of more than 50 journal articles and peer-reviewed conference papers. He served as a technical program chair for various international conferences and workshops and as a reviewer and panelist for several funding agencies, including Italian MIUR and EU Regional funding agency. His research has been funded by European, national, regional and industrial grants and currently focuses on Cognitive Radio system, Broadcasting, signal processing for radio communications, multimedia data transmission and processing. Dr. Murroni is a Senior member of IEEE, IEEE Com Soc, IEEE BTS, IEEE DySPAN-SC.
- Associate professor of Communications at the University of Cagliari, since 2018.
- Assistant professor of Communications at the University of Cagliari, since 2002.
- Communication Systems (6 ECTS)
Tutor of the following PhD students:
- Giulio Soro, 2005-2008
- Mauro Fadda, 2010-2013
- Alessio Meloni 2011-2014
- Matteo Anedda started 2014
- Project evaluator for Italian Ministry of Education and Research, (MIUR), since 2012.
- Scientific Coordinator of the UoR at the University of Cagliari Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT), since 2011.
- Visiting professor at the University of Pais Vasco (UPV/EHU) en Bilbao (ES), February to July 2011.
- Member of the Ph.D. evaluation Board at Universidad de Pais Vasco en Bilbao (ES), 2009-2011-2012.
- Visiting professor at University of Transilvania in Brasov (RO), January 2005.
- Junior researcher at Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT), 2001.
For my list of publications, please visit my Google scholar profile.
My research interests fall into the following areas:
- Communication Systems, and in particular:
- Cognitive Radio for Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks
- Satellite Communications
- Signal processing for Communications
- Image/video processing, and in particular:
- Multimedia Signal Processing
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), since 2012.
- Member of the IEEE ComSoc, since 1998.
- Member of the IEEE BTS, since 1998.
- Member of IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 41 Ad Hoc group on White Spaces Radio, 2010-2012.
- Member of IEEE Standards Coordinating Committee 41 (Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks), 2008-2010.
- Member of IEEE-P1900.6 Spectrum Sensing Interfaces and Data Structures for Dynamic Spectrum Access and other Advanced Radio Communication Systems, 2008-2010.
- Member of the R&D working group of the Integral SatCom Initiative (www.isi-initiative.eu.org/), 2006-2010.
- Guest Editor (with Robert Briskman, Sooyoung Kim, Sandro Scalise, Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli) International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting , 2009, Special Issue on Special Issue on Convergence of Multimedia and Interactive TV Services.
- Local Chair of the 9th IEEE International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2013), 2013.
- General Chair of the 2nd IEEE BTS GOLD Workshop: Next Generation Broadcasting, 2013
- Local Chair & Special Session Organizer for The 5th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference and the 11th Signal Processing for Space Communications Workshop, 2010.
- Special Session chair for The 7th International Conference on Mobile Multimedia Communications, MobiMedia 2011.
- Track chair “Cognitive Radio I” for IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2010.
- Track chair “Interference Management in Cognitive Radio Systems” for IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Spring) 2010.
- Track chair “Wireless Network I” for The 13th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC 2010).
Please follow and like us: