Mr. Arslan Ahmad was born in Pakistan on 1989. In 2011, he completed his undergraduate studies in Avionics Engineering (Aviation Electronics) from College of Aeronautical Engineering, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan which is the top ranked institution in Pakistan. As a quest for research career, he started post graduate studies in Computational Science & Engineering from Research Center for Modeling & Simulation (RCMS), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan just after the graduation and completed his postgraduate degree in 2014. With his main objective of life to serve humanity with the research and technology, he gained multidisciplinary research experience with emphasis on signal/image processing, computer vision and machine learning. He found interest in this field during his undergraduate final year project “Real-Time Visual Target Tracking System Using Graphical Processing Unit (GPU)”. During his postgraduate studies, he has done research to develop a tool for automated diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy by using fundus image analysis in combination with pattern recognition techniques. During his postgraduate studies, he has worked as full time researcher comprising several positions from research assistant to team lead in different research groups at National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan. He has also worked as lecturer in department of Electrical Engineering, Government College University, Faisalabad, Pakistan during which he has supervised several engineering students’ projects for which he has received research funding from Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. Keeping in mind his vision to serve humanity with his multidisciplinary research skills and expertise, Mr. Arslan Ahmad has recently joined QoE-Net on July, 2015.
- Early Stage Researcher/PhD Scholar, July 2015 to present, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Lecturer, November, 2013 to June, 2014, Government College University, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Research Assistant, Feb 2013 to Oct, 2013, Retinal Imaging Group, NUST (RCMS), Islamabad, Pakistan
- Research Assistant, Sep 2012 to Dec, 2012, CERN Lab, NUST (SEECS), Islamabad, Pakistan
- Research Assistant, November 2011 to Aug, 2012, High Performance Computing Group, NUST (RCMS), Islamabad, Pakistan
Awards and Honors
- 2015 Recipient of Marie Curie Fellowship in QoE-Net Project
- 2014 Recipient of Research Grant up to $3541.52 from Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
- 2012-2013 National University of Sciences & Technology and HEC, Islamabad, Graduate Division Research Grant.
- 2011 Honorable Mention Award in NUST Business Plan Competition
- 2012 Graduate Teaching Assistantship at Research Center for Modeling & Simulation.
- 2007 Recipient of Bronze Medal and Medal of excellence in International Kangaroo Mathematics contest
- 2006 Recipient of PAEC Scholarship due to better performance in F.sc.
- 2003 Recipient of Silver Medal in All Punjab Martial Arts Championship 2003
- 2003 Recipient of 3rd position in speech in D.G. Khan District
- 2002 Recipient of Gold Medal in All Pakistan Taekwondo Championship 2002 in open weight category
For my list of publications, please visit my Google scholar profile.
My research interests fall into the following areas:
- Quality of Experience
- Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence